The CEE Centre for Young Black Professionals is Recruiting for our Board of Directors and Committees.
CEE (Careers, Education, Empowerment) needs skilled people who believe in the potential of Black youth and are willing to commit their time and energy to support our work.. We are recruiting for both new directors to contribute to a strong and effective volunteer Board of Directors, as well as skilled volunteers for several new working committees.
The CEE Centre for Young Black Professionals (CEE) is a community-based, non-profit organization founded in 2003. Our mission is to advance the economic and social development of Black youth facing multiple barriers to employment. We achieve career development and job readiness by delivering holistic, person-centered, culturally relevant programs and services.
Our core work involves intensive 7-9 month programs for individuals who are out of school and out of work. These programs include in-class sessions, paid job placements and wrap around supports offered during and after their programs. In 4 years, 82 individuals completed our programs with 80% of graduates entering employment or post-secondary education.
CEE is entering its next phase of growth led by recently appointed Executive Director Agapi Gessesse. Our experienced staff team is deeply rooted in community and is continuing to evolve our innovative approach.
As a federally incorporated non-profit organization and a recently registered charity, CEE is in a position to create new opportunities for donors and funding partners committed to investing in effective job readiness and employment initiatives for Black youth.
Board Candidate Qualifications
We are committed to maintaining a diverse board and to ensuring that our Board reflects the diverse backgrounds of Black communities in Toronto. Familiarity with non profit organizations is a valuable asset.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who meet the following criteria.
Have experience and abilities in one or more of the following areas:
- non-profit governance and operations
- revenue development and donations
- government and stakeholder relations
- marketing and communications
- human resources
Are able to:
- commit to the objectives of CEE and act as an ambassador for the organization.
- commit approximately 10 hours a month to preparing for and attending board/committee meetings and doing ongoing board/committee work
- fulfill the duties and standards of conduct required of a board member of a registered charity
- work within an anti-oppression framework; have a demonstrated understanding of issues of equity and diversity
In addition to board members, we are looking for individuals with relevant skills and experience interested in joining a working committee. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who meet the following criteria.
Have experience, skills, knowledge and networks in one of the following:
- Revenue Development and Fundraising: individual and corporate giving
- Programming: youth facing multiple barriers; Black youth, planning, evaluation etc.
- Social work or clinical Psychology
Are able to:
- commit to the objectives of CEE and act as an ambassador for the organization
- commit approximately 5 hours a month (committee meetings, meeting prep, ongoing projects)
- work within an anti-oppression framework and understand issues of equity and diversity
To apply, please complete the online application form.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2018
If you would like more information about CEE or about the Board/Working Committee recruitment process, please contact Agapi Gessesse, Executive Director, CEE Centre for Young Black Professionals email@example.com or 416-554-8540.