Facilitator- Job Posting
Title- Program Facilitator
Full time position. One-year contract, renewable.
Salary: $45,00.00 to $50,000.00 with extended health benefits after 3 months
The CEE Centre for Young Black Professionals (CEE) is a Toronto based non-profit serving Black youth (18 – 29 years old). CEE advances the economic and social development of Black youth facing multiple barriers to employment. We achieve career development and job readiness using holistic, person-centered and culturally relevant programs and services. Our vision is a society and economy in which Black youth achieve financial prosperity and a high quality of life for themselves and their families. We achieve this in collaboration with Black youth, their families, employers and the broader community. Over the last 4 years CEE has graduated over 100 youth from our intensive 6-8 month programs and served 2000 individuals at events. We are a small but dynamic community based organization, moving from the start-up phase into becoming an established community asset.
The CEE Program Facilitator will work as part of an integrated team to deliver CEE’s Career Programs. The Facilitator will support in the recruitment of participants, provide mentorship and coaching to participants, support in the recruitment of speakers, support design of curriculum and deliver weekly workshops. They will also provide support to CEE’s Mastermind Alumni group.
- Market the program to youth in the city of Toronto, which includes: flyer drops, social media promotions, gaining referrals from community partners, in community presentations and direct registration of participants
- Work with the program team to screen all applicants for the program and hold interviews to select cohort members
- Support the Program Manager in recruiting volunteers and facilitators needed for delivery of the program’s content
- Work with the Program Manager to adapt the program curriculum to meet the needs of the cohort of participants, including designing new workshops and sessions when necessary
- Work with CEE staff to deliver the program retreat
- Ensure the program is accessible to youth who may face multiple barriers to participation (such as financial hardship, conflict with the law, being a young parent)
- Implement weekly sessions of the program while supervising the work of volunteers and facilitators (topics include: Launching your Career, Economic Security, Academic Achievement, Stable and Healthy Lifestyle)
- Provide one-on-one coaching to participants
- Support participants in their transition to job placements and ultimate long term movement into self-employment, work or education following the program
- Conduct ongoing data collection activities for the program’s evaluation, support in the development of program reports
- Support youth in crisis: work in tandem with the program Social Worker and Program Manager to help youth who may be facing a crisis situation
- Support the rest of the CEE team in holding the program graduation
- Mastermind Groups: Support in recruiting speakers and developing content for CEE’s alumni activities
- Branded 2018 Conference: Support in the organization and delivery of the Branded Youth Marketing Conference
- Community Engagement: All members of the CEE team are expected to be accessible to community, be present at community events when required and serve as ambassadors for CEE.
- Other tasks as assigned by Programs Manager
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in delivering community programs
- A proven ability to work with Black youth living in priority neighbourhoods
- A post-secondary degree in a field relevant to the social services sector or a combination of relevant experiences and related education
- A proven ability to mentor, coach or train individuals
- Experience in skills training and workshop design and facilitation
- Experience in producing work-plans, budgets and conducting project evaluations
- Experience in marketing events and recruiting participants for programs
- Proven ability to build a robust professional network
- The ability to build partnerships and deliver collaborative programming
- Competent in Microsoft Office and related software
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Knowledge and experience of working within an anti-oppression and anti-racist framework
- Personal commitment to the values and mission of CEE
- Asset: Experience in employment counselling or job readiness programming
- Asset: Experience in grant writing
- Asset: Training around working with participants with mental health or substance abuse issues
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume in a single Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the following subject line for your e-mail: YOURNAME Program Facilitator CEE
Deadline: 5:00 pm, Friday February 2nd 2018.
Join Kitchen Masters January 2018 Cohort – Apply Here
Ready to turn your love for food into a career? This 4-month program is a Launchpad to gain industry certification, sharpen your culinary skills, build your network with expert and emerging professionals, tour industry sites and schools, gain employment support and more.
The programs starts January 2018. Experiential / hands on learning is at the core of what we do, from the 3 day retreat outside of Toronto, to training and tours. Another program perk is the focus on health is wealth; through this program you will gain direct access to learn and practice, physical training and healthy nutrition to improve your well being. Space is limited, only 14 spots.
Click here to apply online:
- Career Development
- Workplace health and safety
- Entrepreneurship Training
- Restaurant Roles and Responsibilities
- How to Pitch Yourself/ Idea
- Personal & Social Media Branding
- Exploring Black Identities in the Workplace
- Nutrition and Health
- and more
Click here to apply online
If you have questions regarding the application or process please contact Horace, the Programs Facilitator at 674. 548 5013/ email@example.com
Click here to apply online