Operations Manager – Job Posting
Title- Operations Manager
Full time position.
Salary: $60,000-$65,000 per year with extended health benefits after 3 months
The Operations Manager is part of the management team for CEE, along with the Executive Director and Programs Manager. The Program Manager is responsible for the delivery of all CEE programs and the management of program staff. The Operations Manager leads around all financial, administrative, HR, IT, space management, risk management and governance support functions for the organization. They lead in managing and monitoring relationships with vendors, program partners and funders. This includes our relationship with Wood Green Community Services, who provide administrative services to our organization. In collaboration with the management team the Operations Manager also leads the development and monitoring of operating plans for the entire organization, ensuring they are in-line with overall strategy and that all outputs of the organization work in coordination.
Oversees budgeting and core financial processes for organization, primarily through directing the work of a contracted Bookkeeper and the accounting services provided by Wood Green Community Services.
- Support Executive Director in developing an annual budget for the organization
- Oversee the work of the Bookkeeper to ensure all invoices and payments are entered and properly accounted for
- With support from the Bookkeeper ensures organizational budgets are updated as necessary and produce new program budgets as required
- Responsible for directing the work of WoodGreen staff in regards to payroll and accounting services
- Responsible for monitoring monthly financial statements, ensuring any errors are corrected and monitoring organizational cash flow
- Ensure CEE’s financial records are properly kept and auditors are able to access all needed information during annual audit
- Make bank deposits for the organization Ensures the work of CEE’s various departments and positions are coordinated and in synch with the organization’s annual plan and 3 year strategic plan.
Ensures the work of CEE’s various departments and positions are coordinated and in synch with the organization’s annual plan and 3 year strategic plan.
- Lead process of developing and monitoring yearly work-plan for organization, in consultation with Executive Director and Programs Manager
- Ensure that CEE project management tools (shared calendars, software etc.) are kept up-to-date and being effectively used by organization
Policies and Best Practices
Develops and updates policies for the organization, while ensuring industry best practices are in place and legislative requirements are met.
- Improve organizational processes and policies (including developing new ones) in order to increase organizational efficiency
- Ensure that staff are trained in and complying to all relevant legislation and internal policies, especially around Health and Safety, Employment Standards and Financial Controls
- Lead around organizational risk management processes and ensure appropriate measures are developed to minimize risks
Support all core HR functions for organization, while supervising the work of admin and finance staff.
- Support in all hiring processes for organization, ensure all new staff and student placements receive an orientation and complete required documentation
- Maintain up to date HR records for the organization
- Supervise all non-program staff in the organization
- Oversee mechanisms to gather staff feedback and respond to complaints in an equitable manner
Maintain effective working relationships with CEE’s key non-programmatic stakeholders, many times in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- With support from the Executive Director, serve as lead staff person for directing the work contracted from Wood Green Community services around accounting, payroll, IT and HR
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining relationships with contracted vendors, including banking services, external audit firm and our insurance provider
- With support from the Executive Direct, develop MOUs and service contracts with partner organizations
- Work with the Executive Director to ensure all reporting for funders is completed on time
IT and Office Management
Ensure CEE’s office and information technology needs are met, working directly with Wood Green Community Services IT department.
- Ensure the CEE office is properly furnished and all equipment is functioning properly, oversee space use and contract required repairs
- Liaise with landlord and building staff as required
- Work with Wood Green IT and Help Desk staff to ensure IT needs are met and all staff are trained in use of software/hardware
- Support development and maintenance of on-line shared drive for soft copies of files
- Supervise the work of admin staff to populate content on website and social media
Oversee administrative needs of CEE’s Board of Directors and ensure business of the corporation is in order.
- Ensure all required governance information is properly filed, while managing communications and required submissions with Corporations Canada
- Ensure all materials are in-place for board meetings
- At least 5 years of overall professional experience in the non-profit sector; with 3+ years of management experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in financial management
- Bachelor’s degree or post grad diploma in a relevant discipline (e.g. Business, HR, Finance, Business Administration) or equivalent education, training and experience
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and an alignment with the mission and values of CEE
- Highly organized and detail orientated, with a track record of improving the efficiency of organizational processes
- Experience in developing organizational policies and operating procedures
- Experience in project management and development of program budgets
- Experience in maintaining soft and hard copies of files
- Strong understanding of HR principles and staff development/training
- Knowledge of compliance and tax implications of non-profit status
- Excellent computer skills (particularly Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel) and a strong general understanding of IT
- Ability to build new systems where none exist, and to handle multiple tasks at once in a fast paced dynamic work environment
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office 365 online platform an asset
- Previous work in support of a Board or similar governance body an asset
- Experience working with youth and/or marginalized populations an asset
- Access to a vehicle an asset
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume in a single Word document to email@example.com Use the following subject line for your e-mail: YOURNAME Operations Manager CEE
Deadline: Midnight, Wednesday January 10th 2018.
Join Kitchen Masters January 2018 Cohort – Apply Here
Ready to turn your love for food into a career? This 4-month program is a Launchpad to gain industry certification, sharpen your culinary skills, build your network with expert and emerging professionals, tour industry sites and schools, gain employment support and more.
The programs starts January 2018. Experiential / hands on learning is at the core of what we do, from the 3 day retreat outside of Toronto, to training and tours. Another program perk is the focus on health is wealth; through this program you will gain direct access to learn and practice, physical training and healthy nutrition to improve your well being. Space is limited, only 14 spots.
Click here to apply online:
- Career Development
- Workplace health and safety
- Entrepreneurship Training
- Restaurant Roles and Responsibilities
- How to Pitch Yourself/ Idea
- Personal & Social Media Branding
- Exploring Black Identities in the Workplace
- Nutrition and Health
- and more
Click here to apply online
If you have questions regarding the application or process please contact Horace, the Programs Facilitator at 674. 548 5013/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to apply online